Mold is a fungus that results from water damage. It can be present on any surface including carpet, clothing, or in the air. There are many different types of mold, and they produce exponential spores than can contaminate the air in homes or other properties. Mold thrives in humid environments within a range of temperatures (approx. 64-90% Fahrenheit), and often results from improper ventilation or plumbing problems. While mold is often invisible, its presence can be detected by a musty odor, itchy eyes, or a burning sensation on skin. Unchecked mold growth can inhibit healthy breathing, especially in those asthmatic patients.
Fire Clean-Up Services operates 24/7 to respond to emergencies involving mold. If you think your property has a mold problem (whether an emergency or non-emergency), call FCS immediately. It is also advised that you evacuate all persons and pets from the contaminated area and avoid using fans (which can spread the mold). Call FCS and an agent will walk you through safety procedures and dispatch a team of IICRC-trained safety technicians.